Friday, May 31, 2013

Toilet Paper Roll Garland

So many toilet paper rolls and nothing to do! I guess you could recycle them... Or make some fun garland! On Mother's Day, my daughter and I decided to do a fun project together. We gathered some toilet paper rolls, some paint, a stapler and some string. 
First we painted the rolls (this is not a necessary step, but it's super fun for mommy and her 3 year old).
Let them dry.
Cut the toilet paper rolls in 1/2 to 2 inch strips... I don't think it really matters. My daughter tried to do this step, but the cardboard was a little tough for her to cut. 
Staple the strips together to make petals. Again, My daughter had a hard time with this, so she cut green leaves while I stapled.
A flower!
Tie the flowers together and...
Ta-dah!!!

Something pretty to hang in your house. Sometimes kids' projects are a little crazy  to be displayed all the time, not that I don't love everything my daughter colors or paints, but this is really simple and pretty. Simply fun! Add it to your activity jar!

1 comment: