Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Daily Activity Jar

Oh what to do? what to do?... That is always the question when kids are around. "Mom, I'm bored." "Mom, let's do a project." "Mom, what are we going to do today?" Well, not anymore! Create an Activity Jar!

So, most of the activities only take a few minutes, but at least it is time that you can spend with your kids, and it is exciting to pick a new daily activity. My daughter and I have really enjoyed doing daily activities, and it forces me to drop everything I am doing, and giggle with her for a little while. I used this site http://www.overthebigmoon.com/summer-activity-jar/ to start my list, but then I added quite a few things that would cater to our family. Dolly tea party. Paper boats (http://www.niftythriftythings.com/2011/08/paper-boat-place-cards.html). Silly dress up photo shoot. Wash the dogs. Write a letter to Daddy. Write a favorite things list for Daddy. Hopscotch. Etc....

Supplies: A jar, whatever you want to decorate the jar with, and little sheets of paper.

I printed out the list of activities and cut them up, because it was easier than writing them all down. Also, I used a plastic jar because I knew my three year old would be handling it. Whatever works for your family. Go Crazy with your ideas!!

                                                                Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment