Monday, April 8, 2013

In the beginning...


     Hi! My name is Jaime and I'm a Marine Corps wife with a three year old and two dogs. Like any Marine Corps family, we move a lot (like 7 times in the past ten years a lot!). Therefore, I have kind of found it a little hard to hold down a job. One thing has always stayed constant though: I love crafting! That is something that has stayed consistent through my whole life, and I am always trying new random creations.
     I remember, as an eight year old, rather than having a lemonade stand, my friend and I tried to sell ribbon jewelry by the side of the road. In middle school, I made bracelets out of toothbrushes, tried to sew my own bathing suit, and dripped wax on everything. By the time high school rolled around, I was sewing my own skirts and dresses, rarely using patterns, widening my jeans with fabric, and creating “sleep over bags” with my now sister in law, Cara. Even in college, I was even the “art chair” for my sorority for a semester, but was quickly canned when I misspelled something on a banner. We definitely lost that fraternity competition because of me (fail!). Many projects have completely bombed, but I always have fun!
If it has to do with crafting, I have either tried it, have the products to try it, or I am willing to try it. Let no craft stone go unturned! Or something like that....
    In my blog, I would like to share my triumphs and failures in crafting with the rest of the world. We aren't all master crafters, and at the end of the day, it can be really fun to laugh at that lopsided bag you tried to sew, or the homemade soap that smells horrendous. My blog may include recipes or daily rants as well, but definitely check it out and we can laugh (at me) together!

4 comments: